I am an assistant professor at the University of Electro-Communications (UEC), and also working as Excellent Young Researcher, LEADER, MEXT. Besides, I concurrently serve as:
– Invited Advisor at Security Fundamental Laboratory, Cybersecurity Research Institute, NICT;
– Collaborative Researcher at Advanced Cryptography Research Team, CPSEC, AIST;
– Research Fellow at Japan Datacom Co., Ltd.
My research area is cryptography, especially public-key crypto and information-theoretic crypto. In 2016, I got my Ph.D. in information science at Yokohama National University, Japan, under the supervision of Prof. Junji Shikata.
I’m currently serving as General Co-Chair of PKC 2022. We’re currently watching the coronavirus situation and working on finding a better PKC conference style. I’m looking forward to seeing you in Yokohama, Japan, hopefully.
– My paper on anonymous broadcast encryption was accepted at IMACC 2021.
– My paper on key-insulated identity-based encryption was accepted to Designs, Codes and Cryptography.
– My paper on revocable hierarchical identity-based encryption was accepted to Designs, Codes and Cryptography.
– Two domestic grant proposals were accepted; one is a project I serve as PI, and the other is a project I serve as CI.
– My paper on threshold encryption was accepted at APKC 2021.
Graduate School of Informatics and Engineering
The University of Electro-Communications
1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo, 182-8585, Japan
E-mail: watanabe [at] uec [dot] ac [dot] jp