I am an assistant professor at the University of Electro-Communications (UEC). I am also working as Excellent Young Researcher, LEADER, MEXT. Previously, I worked as a researcher at Security Fundamentals Laboratory in NICT, and as JSPS Research Fellow (PD), a kind of post-doc researcher, at UEC. My research area is cryptography, especially public-key crypto and information-theoretic crypto. I received the Ph.D. degree in information science under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Junji Shikata in 2016 from Yokohama National University, Japan.
– Starting in July 2020, I concurrently serve as Research Fellow at Japan Datacom.
– Two papers were accepted at ISITA 2020; the one is on interactive cryptography and the other is on leakage resilience of AES.
– Starting in April 2020, I concurrently serve as Invited Advisor at Security Fundamental Laboratory, NICT, and Visiting Researcher at Advanced Cryptography Research Team, CPSEC, AIST.
– Quit NICT and started off as an assistant professor at UEC on December 1st, 2019.
– My paper on identity-based encryption secure against the key generation center was accepted at ESORICS 2019.
Graduate School od Informatics and Engineering
The University of Electro-Communications
1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo, 182-8585, Japan
E-mail: watanabe [at] uec [dot] ac [dot] jp
Previous E-mail: yohei.watanabe [at] nict [dot] go [dot] jp (unavailable now)